The 21st Forbes Global CEO Conference took place in Singapore on Sept. 11 and 12, gathering some 450 leading CEOs, entrepreneurs, investors and thought leaders from around the world.
Notable speakers at the event included:
– Benedict Oramah, President and Chairman of African Export-Import Bank;
– Jenny Johnson, President and CEO of Franklin Templeton;
– Eduardo Saverin, Cofounder and Co-CEO at B Capital;
– Ho Kwon Ping, Founder and Executive Chairman of Banyan Tree Holdings;
– Chartsiri Sophonpanich, President of Bangkok Bank;
– Sonia Cheng, CEO of Rosewood Hotel Group and Vice-Chairman of Chow Tai Fook Jewellery;
– Panote Sirivadhanabhakdi, Group CEO of Frasers Property;
– Hana Al Rostamani, Group CEO of First Abu Dhabi Bank;
– Sabin M. Aboitiz, President and CEO of Aboitiz Group;
– Mohammed Dewji, President of MeTL Group;
– Jenny Lee, Managing Partner at GGV Capital;
– Harald Link, Chairman of B.Grimm;
– Jeffrey Jaensubhakij, Group Chief Investment Officer at GIC;
– Tony Fernandes, CEO of Capital A.
For the full list of speakers, please visit the Forbes Global CEO Conference website. Key insights and highlights from the conference can be found below.
CP’s Dhanin Chearavanont Receives Malcolm S. Forbes Lifetime Achievement Award
Dhanin Chearavanont, senior chairman of Thailand’s Charoen Pokphand Group (CP Group), received the Malcolm S. Forbes Lifetime Achievement Award at the Forbes Global CEO Conference on September 11 in Singapore.
The award recognizes a lifetime of entrepreneurial achievement and is a celebration of global business success bestowed upon a business leader who embodies and exemplifies the ideals of free enterprise championed by the late Malcolm S. Forbes, the legendary publisher of Forbes.
“When I took over the business, I didn’t imagine it would grow to today’s scale,” Dhanin said on stage during a dialogue with Forbes Media’s chairman and editor-in-chief Steve Forbes at the award ceremony.
Indonesia’s Finance Minister Upbeat On Growth As Domestic Demand Resilient
“Indonesia is relatively lucky. We are quite resilient, domestic demand is there and we address the issue of inflation not through just relying on monetary policy,” said Sri Mulyani Indrawati, Minister of Finance, Republic of Indonesia.